Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Feeling Good

I've been training for the past four weeks at CATZ (Competitive Athletic Training Zone) here in my hometown Hingham. I worked out this morning and I tell you I think I've gotten over the hump. I think everyone can understand when I say how bad and painful those 1st few weeks of getting back into the swing of things was? I mean like, I'm talking struggling, gasping for air, that queasy feeling before you move onto the next exercise sort of thing! Well it's gone, I felt very good (not great, but good) during my workout today......hallelujah!!! Now it's time to take it to the next level, time to work. There are Catz locations in a lot of different areas, go to catzsports.com and see if there's a location near you. They let you come in for a freebie for your 1st workout, give it a shot!

Big weekend in New England for lacrosse. It all starts Friday morning as I'll be at Waltham HS with Casey Powell doing a clinic with 60+ kids. I haven't seen CP in awhile so I'm looking forward to hanging out and dropping some knowledge together. We still have room, if you're interested in getting better, sign up at caseypowelllacrosse.com and come hang with us as it'll be 65 and sunny.

Friday night, Duke is at Harvard and they're playing in the bowl. Big game for both teams, Duke is coming off of a big win at Georgetown and then they just squeaked by Brown tonight 11-10. Harvard is ranked #16 in the country and just had a come from behind win vs. Dartmouth this past weekend. Last week I wrote that a Duke win at Georgetown could be a turning point in there season. They put up double digits in two consecutive games and they're starting to click offensively and get more contributors. I think this will be a better game than most people think, look for Harvard to give Duke a run for their money.

Saturday, the 1st New England Classic will be played at Gillette Stadium. The all-Ivy event pits Cornell vs. Dartmouth at 12:00 and Princeton vs. Brown at 2:30. With the success of the Championships the past two years, look for this game to draw a pretty decent crowd. Both games should be entertaining, especially the Princeton/Brown game. Princeton has been lighting up the scoreboards offensively, Coach Bates has brought the Run N Gun offense and this is a different Princeton team then you've seen in the past.

Lastly, Saturday night the Blazer's take on the Orlando Titans for a chance to gain a game on the Titans lead in the East. The Blazers are in 2nd place with a 6-6 record and the Titans are 7-4, this game will be one you won't want to miss. Even though the Titans have garnered the city of Orlando's name, we all know they are the New York Titans of old and these two teams have a flare for hard hitting, smash mouth, trash talking games.... it's sure to be a battle. Need tickets? blazerslacrosse.com

Any questions for the Dean? Is there something in particular you want to see on lax-school.com? Shoot me an email, bd@lax-school.com

Keep working on every facet of your game if you want to get to that next level!

Learn: Lax-school.com
Connect: facebook.com/laxschool
Follow: twitter.com/laxschool

No comments:

Post a Comment