Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy father's day to my dad and to my god father who we lost back in April as well as all the dads out there.

Sitting in my hotel room, just finished a good breakfast and watched a video that my wife sent to me of the girls singing Happy Father's day! That was awesome and made my day for sure. Now the only thing that can put the icing on the cake is a win on the road today vs. Chicago. It's a hot one, already up in the 80's @ 10:00 in the morning. It'll be crucial that we play smart today as I'm sure both teams will be affected by the heat. Game time temp is expected to be 96 degrees and add 10-12 degrees at field level on the turf.

I like our chances today, team is well rested (something we hadn't been on our previous 2 road games) and they're confident after last weeks victory vs Denver. Yes that game is in the past but the reason we had the success we had is not. The bottom line is if we move the rock on offense, communicate and play team defense and limit our mental mistakes we are a hard team to beat. I know a lot of coaches say this about their teams.....but I really believe this with this group. Today marks the 1/2 way point of the season. If we can get the W and go to 4-2 we'll be in a good position after 6 games. Chesapeake and Denver are both 4-2, Long Island 2-4 and Toronto is 1-5. The winner of today's game goes to 4-2, the loser goes to 3-3.

Crazy week for me, so I apologize for not blogging sooner. Last Saturday between our film session and reporting to the game my car got broken into when I stopped to get a coffee. Totally bummed me out, they stole a couple pair of sunglasses, my Cannon's bag full of clothes (and a pair of Warrior shooter shoes that Chris Davis sent me) and most importantly my computer bag which.....yes.....had my laptop in there!!! I also had my Espor key (film break down software), a watch and my external hard drive. So yes.....it was a tough day/week to say the least as I've been struggling and basically starting from scratch.

Everything is better now, as they say life goes on and at the end of the day those are material things. I have my health, my wonderful family and my love of lacrosse......time to go get a W against Chicago!!

Make sure you check out the game @ 2:30 on Comcast Sports New England or ESPN3.com


You want to get schooled online or on the field? Your call...........www.lax-school.com

Learn: Lax-School.com
Connect: Facebook.com/laxschool
Follow: Twitter.com/laxschool
Watch: Youtube.com/laxschool

No comments:

Post a Comment