Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Congrats!

I need to congratulate a few people although it may kill me.....Lol! First and foremost is my man John Danowski. I've known Coach Dino since my junior year in HS when he was recruiting me to come play at Hofstra. We stayed tight throughout the years. Love that man, seriously...you don't find too many men like him in this world today. I shot him a note on Sunday telling him to bring it home on Monday.... and followed up by saying, "I'm not necessarily rooting for Duke per say but I'm rooting for John Danowski to win the National Championship." He got a kick out out of it for sure. Nice work Coach, couldn't have happened to a better man.

Secondly is the man behind Lax-school.com, the main reason my site is kick ass....Kurt Griffin. KG and I have had our battles throughout the year with hoops. He got his kicks out of NC being down this year in b-ball and Duke mopping up on them on a consistent basis. BUT this is your moment, Duke's 1st National Championship in lacrosse. It's all good, seriously....it's good for the game. Now they only have three more to go to catch up to the Heels. In this world today it's what have you done for me lately though that people remember so both the hoops and lax teams need to step it up next year! Enjoy it why you can KG.....Cheers!

Lastly is to all of those Dookie's out there I played against or played with post collegiality as well as Brad Ross who I presently coach. Gentlemen, congrats.......every squirrel finds a nut once in a while!
Can't wait for 2011 lax season!!

Great games though this past weekend don't you think? Tufts (closest thing to Carolina w/their colors.....NOT THE BROWN!) pulled off a huge upset over Salisbury. Congrats to Coach Daly and his staff for making the magic happen this season. Also a shout out to Coach Jez from CW Post getting his 2nd Championship of his career in only 4 seasons as head coach.....that's amazing!!! Lastly, we can't forget Cathy Reese of Maryland (Outlaws Coach Brian Reese's wife) for knocking off the mighty Northwestern Wildcats and ending their streak of consecutive championships at 5. What a weekend of lax!!! Can't wait till next year as it's back in Foxboro!!

Chesapeake this Friday night, big one. 4 teams currently @ 2-1 and tied for 1st place; this is our chance to separate from the pack a little. I'm excited for this one and can't wait to see how the guys respond to last week's loss.....I'm feeling pretty good about it. More on that later in the week.....

Learn: Lax-School.com
Connect: Facebook.com/laxschool
Follow: Twitter.com/laxschool

No comments:

Post a Comment