Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Keep it Rolling.......

My bad for not getting on my blog right after our 2nd consecutive win down in Annapolis on Friday night (I already got reprimanded by my producer). Anyways, another solid effort by the boyz. I was really stoked with the way we took control of the game and didn't look back for the majority of the 2nd half. We are starting to play better on both ends of the field and most importantly we're getting more consistent with our play which in this league is very important. Offensively we once again put the lotion in the basket (as Millmix likes to say), in other words we're scoring goals, lots of them. We also got stingy on the defensive end of the field and held them to single digits. That's huge because at the end of the season, other then head to match ups; goals for and goals against count towards seeing who may advance into the postseason if records are even.

THURSDAY NIGHT - ESPN2 LIVE vs. The Toronto Nationals. If you don't live in Boston then you can watch it on the tube. IF YOU DO LIVE IN BOSTON, I EXPECT YOU TO BE IN THE STANDS!! The London weather (from my wife Alison) will be gone by Thursday, they're even saying the sun will peak out. This is going to be a great lacrosse game, so come on out to Harvard and get LOUD!

Toronto is a very talented team coming off of a loss at Denver, so they will be hungry for a win. We need to keep the momentum going to put ourselves one game out of 1st place. Like I tell the squad, we have a great opportunity; we can't let it pass by. That's what this is all about, it's about playing together, playing for each other but most importantly seizing the opportunities to become a better team and WIN!

Father's day was great, got to spend time (although it was a monsoon out) w/my three girls; my wife and my two daughters. It's a tough time of the year with all the traveling I do for the MLL so anytime I can spend QT with the family is great. I even got a little one on one time with my wife Alison last night as we snuck out for dinner at the Scarlet Oak here in town. It's always great to catch up and just have our time! I had the pulled pork and I must say it doesn't even come close to my recipe.....need to hook it up soon!

Hope to see you....I mean hear you on Thursday night!

BD

No comments:

Post a Comment